Welcome to Web Design Training
Web Design Training Limited offer a range of specialist web design courses, allowing beginners to start at the basic level of competency and move on gradually to build their overall web-design skills.
David started Web Design Training Limited about 5 years ago, primarily to tutor night school classes for Massey High School and after he wrote the first course realised there was an interested market for this type of training.
David went on to start teaching courses through the REAP (Rural Education Activities Programmes) through some of the REAP offices in the North Island. David now teaches at 4 REAP offices, Kaitaia, Whakatane, Taupo and Taumarunui and has recently visited other offices in the North Island who are interested in this training.
Check their websites for course schedules for the four courses below.
- How to Start an Online Business - Learn the basics of starting an online business. On completion of this course, students should be able to demonstrate an understanding of the following:
- Learn about the differences between traditional commerce and e-commerce
- Learn how to choose a product or service to sell online
- Understand the competitive landscape and how to conduct market research
- Find out what skills you have and what skills you will need
- Understand what keywords are and why they are so important
- Choose an effective domain name for your business, both the business name and a keyword friendly domain name
- Understand freight and shipping with respect to online shopping .
- How to be Found on the Internet - The course covers the key principles of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and how to set your website up to be found, tuning for keywords, then how to list with the 3 largest Search Engines and establish webmaster consoles for monitoring. Also covered are Google Dashboard, Google Analytics and how to set webmaster consoles in Yahoo and Bing webmaster search engine interfaces.
- How to Build a WordPress Hosted Website - This course provides a base level of knowledge in how to build a website using the WordPress Open Source content management system. It covers the terminology that you need to understand before you embark on building a website and then goes in to a bit more depth about what systems are available and then covers the basics on how you set a website up using WordPress, the WordPress dashboard and how to get around the menu options. We also cover themes and widgets and how to add and delete pages and edit content on your website. .
- How to Build a WordPress Hosted Website - This course covers how to install the WordPress software on to a hosting platform and configure the database required using cPanel.
We complete an installation in class and then go on to installing a selection of themes, plug-ins and configure the Whitechapel Cottage website as a class exercise.
Learn more by visiting the Web Design Training website